Deep in my heart I'm concealing things that I'm longing to say. Scared to confess what I'm feeling - frightened you'll slip away. 07/02/2010
This year I have found a love in clothes. Instead of buying pointless stuff I don't need, I actually go around and look in stores to find stuff I will wear. But, because I can't have everything, I like to make wishlists. My wishlists consist of many stores including two of my favorites, J. Crew, and Urban Outfitters. Different dresses and skirts have fallen down many times on my lists. A favorite summer look of mine is the jumpsuit.
This summer I have seen a lot of paisley prints. Who ever said '70's fashion wouldn't come back in style? If you want to head back into the '70's, check out Lucky Brand. Lucky Brand is a well-known jean seller. But it is a bit pricey.
Even though this an iPhone isn't clothes, it is still at the top of my wishlist.
I give myself very good advice, but i very seldom follow it, that explains the trouble I'm always in 02/28/2010
After recently seeing a trailer for the sure to be great Alice in Wonderland I became quickly inspired. The costumes and set look to be extremely colorful and fantastic, which is why, as Spring races to be here, I've decided to add another item to the list of coming Spring trends. I've decided that bold, bright colors are sure to be had. The actress in the movie Mia Wasikowska recently did a bright spread with Teen Vogue. Besides rocking a much shorter haircut than in the film for the pictures she also intense eye makeup and posed against popping backgrounds. For this season I'm seeing super bright, super happy prints and colors. Sonia Rykiel already designed a bright line for H&M. It features not only red shorts so bright it makes you gasp, but also sweaters with stand out designs usually manifested as large bow prints. And for those who want more subdued tones, black sweaters with just flashes of color. Now, I realize that this trend wasn't exactly debuting at fashion week , but I think it's important to remember that it's never too early to start your warm summer early, and isn't that what we're doing?
I know it's belated, but my new year's resolution was to become more fit. There's something about a new workout outfit that really helps motivate. So all those with a similar goal, here are some outfits that should help you get inspired.
I personally like the brand Lululemon, as seen above, but it is also a bit pricey. Here are some cheaper options from Lucy.
Recently in New York City the 2010 fashion shows were put on. Though some collections were inspired and fantastic, others were sorely disappointing. One I was slighting disappointed with was the Rodarte sisters' line, which showed some slightly gothic preferences.
However, I liked both the Marc Jacobs line and the DKNY line. I didn't like all the Marc Jacobs line, because a couple of the outfits looked a bit clownish, but a couple of the outfits in Marc by Marc Jacobs were my favorite. The DKNY line was simple. Un-like other lines, the DKNY line had clothes in it that I could actually wear outside.
Above you see three Marc Jacobs outfits. The top two I like, but the third looks a bit clownish and old-fashioned.
Here is an outfit I could wear everyday by DKNY.
When clouds go rolling by they roll away and leave the sky where the land beyond the eye that people cannot see 02/18/2010
Teen Vogue has recently released its February issue into stores nationwide. And inside their top ten Spring fashion trends. I don't agree with all of them, mostly Alexander Wangs outer/underwear confusion. So I made up my own five. Starting at number one is the worlds favorite actress/model/turned designer. Emma Watson has begun designing with the ethically conscience brand People Tree. This British brand uses funds to help stop poverty around the world. Thats reason enough to spend the money on these sure to be stylish dreads. If preppy is your style then be sure to check it out. (http://www.peopletree.co.uk/)
1. All the clothes seen here can be purchased on the website. Except those adorable orange Hunter boots on Ms. Watson. Which are great in their own right.
2. The second trend deemed possible by Teen Vogue is Surf City. Whether that means tie dye or neon splatter paint is for the fashionista herself to decide. But if it were up to me, I'd go Ray-ban's, a pair of Converse or Doc Martin's splatter painted by yours truly, and a Jay Godfrey one shoulder frock. It's just surfer enough to fit the trend, and girly enough to fit me.
3. Alexa Chung. After conquering American television with her show It's on with Alexa Chung (which has sadly been canceled) she has also managed to become a huge fashion sensation. This model has developed a unique sense of fashion which mixes all the classic styles into one. Of course, not without bringing great, but tall, shoes into the equation as well.
Now we're down to the final two. Coming it at my number 4 slot is denim overalls. I know it seems strange, but it seems they are making a comeback. After the boom of jumpsuits it was just the next logical step. The most important thing to remember with these is: It's not the clothes, but it's how you wear them.
On to the last number, but of course not the last in our hearts. Welcome back to the backpack revolution. Yep, you heard right the school time reality is returning. And not just Louis Vuitton is taking part. Mr. Alexander Wang has decided to add his designs into the mix also, creating a sleek, black leather satchel. This is the trend to watch, it will either fail big time, or make it....
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small, and the ones mother gives you don't do anything at all. 02/16/2010
Hi, my name is Sinclair Nitz and I am new to blogging. To get started, here are a few random facts about myself:
1. I love going on genuine picnics – the wicker basket, checkered cloth, cutlery and everything.
2. My old phone was the most useless piece of rubbish ever, despite it looking very cool.
3. Once I raise enough money, I am going on a trip with my friend to the Harry Potter resort in Orlando.
4. My sister is sixteen and still hasn’t gotten her license.
5. I have two dogs; Hugo and Holly. Hugo is the better liked.
6. I exist all year just waiting for the summer when I play tennis, drink chocolate milk, write music lyrics, and slum around with the three coolest people ever.
7. Today, I made a spin-off of Bob Dylan’s cue card video.
8. In my school’s musical, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I play Augustus Gloup.
9. My tennis coach is dating Emma Watson, and he promised me I could plan their wedding.
10. I am deathly afraid of my basement, and had a dream about it last night.
Alright, that's all for now. If you have any advice or tips do email me at email@example.com , thanks!